Day time Activities
– Boating on our Lake Mini-Ha-Ha – we have row boats, canoes, and paddleboats for the enjoyment of all house guests. Lifejackets are provided.
– Boating from our private launch at the Salmon River – less than a quarter mile down the road, you have direct access to the Salmon River. (Ask in the main office for canoe availability). Feel free to bring your own kayak as well, where you have miles of river to explore and could even make your way out to the connecting Connecticut River.
– Fishing on our Lake Mini-Ha-Ha – try your luck hooking a sunny or even some of the bass. Be sure to bring your own fishing gear and bait. *This is a catch & release activity.
– Practice nine-hole golf course – set on the hill overlooking our lake, try your swing at a hole-in-one! Golf Clubs (vintage) and balls are available in the main office; otherwise feel free to bring your favorite clubs!
– Tennis Courts – whether it’s a friendly match or more competitive, you can test your skills on our clay court. Tennis rackets and balls are available in the main office, if needed.
– Pickleball – Pick a partner and enjoy a fun game of pickleball. Equipment is available.
– Badminton – one grassed area is dedicated for a game of badminton. Rackets and the shuttlecock are available in the main office.
– Baseball/Softball/Kickball – a large field with a backstop is the perfect place to host a friendly, family game or even a more competitive one! Equipment is available in the main office, but bringing your favorite glove is suggested.
– Volleyball – feel the sand between your toes as you serve, set, and spike for a game of volleyball. A ball is available at the court.
– Basketball – whether it’s a friendly game of H.O.R.S.E, a one-on-one game, or a full court game, we’ve got the hard-top court and basketballs ready for your choosing.
– Bocce – our open-fields are the perfect place to try out your skill and aim. Bocce balls are available in the main office.
– Horseshoe Pits – with three pits on the property, you’re sure to have hours of entertainment. Horseshoes are provided at each pit.
– The Playground – sure to be a popular spot for both your little ones and even the older ones, the playground is located in the center of the resort and offers: swings, see-saws, a slide, spring-riders, a playhouse, and a sandbox.
– Pool Time – rest, relax, and float or jump in off the diving board, the pool is the place to be! Feel free to spend the day lounging in the pool chairs or a chaise lounge. Our 40’x100’ size pool offers depths ranging from 2’ to 10’ with a “shallow end” for the younger swimmers and the “deep end” for the more proficient swimmers. Don’t forget to bring your favorite pool floats, pool towels, and some sunscreen.
– Shuffleboard – need a break from swimming in the pool, then grab a stick and discs and challenge your friends to a game of shuffleboard, conveniently located in the pool area.
– The Caves & Hiking Trails – feeling like an explorer or just ready to get into nature, then our real Cave and trails are just the place to go! Located at the top of our property lies our cave and about a half mile of hiking trails. Wearing sturdy footwear and long pants is suggested.
– Open-Space – our open-space of grass fields are the perfect spot to set up your own “backyard” games from cornhole to ladder toss to lawn dart to spike ball, you name it, we’ve got the space for it.
– Walking Trails and more – located just across the street is the Machimoodus & Sunrise State Park offering over 300 acres of uplands, woodlands, meadows, river and cove waterfronts, trails, bird watching and scenic vistas. Trails vary in difficulty levels for walking, hiking, or biking, so everyone can find just what they are looking for…whether you want to explore nature, dip your feet in the Salmon River, or just enjoy the views overlooking the Rivers. Sturdy shoes are suggested and feel free to bring your own bike.
Night time Activities
(these offerings may vary depending on availability and resort guest numbers)
– Karaoke – pick your favorite tune to belt out or serenade the audience. Hosted at our barbeque picnic area for 3 hours by a professional disc jockey.
– Marshmallow Roast – whether you like it lightly toasted or charred, plain or as a smore, you can put together your tasty treat just the way you like it! Hosted at our “Walker’s Way Waterfall & Campfire” with all the fixings provided.
– Campfire – looking for a relaxing way to unwind or share some great stories by, our fire pit is always a popular way to end the night. Hosted at our “Walker’s Way Waterfall & Campfire”. See management about firewood.
– BINGO – looking to try your luck, you can request a BINGO night! Hosted in the dining hall. See management about setting up a night.